To join a zoom meeting from the Zoom App on Chromebooks, please complete the following.
Note: The following instructions are not for joining Zoom on Windows, Mac or Linux devices, please see Joining Zoom meetings from Chrome Browser.
- While signed in to your Chromebook, select the circular icon in the bottom left of your screen.
- The taskbar will extend and a search bar will appear. In the search bar, type “Zoom” and then select the application that pops up in the list. The Zoom app will then launch.
- Select “Sign in”, then select “Sign in with Google”.
- You will be redirected to a new page asking you to connect to Zoom. There will be two ways of doing this, a) where you will click on your account if you see it in the list, and b) where you will add your account if you do not see it in the list.
a.) If you see your account in the list, click on it and you will be asked to sign in with your account. Skip to step 6.
b). If you didn’t see your account in the list, click on “Use another account”. Continue to step 5.
- If you choose “Use Another Account” you will be redirected to sign into Google. Type in your or your student’s email including the adams12.org and then click “Next”.
- You will then be redirected to a sign on page. On this page if you are a student, enter your student account number. If you are a staff member, enter your username without the @adams12.org and then select “Go”.
Next, enter your password and select “Go”.
Please note, some accounts will then ask you to enter your 2-Step Verification code or answer security questions. This is not applicable to all student accounts.
You may then see the following page. You will be asked to enter your name as you wish it to appear in meetings. Then select “Continue”. In addition, if you are asked to confirm your birthdate and create an account, simply follow the prompts.
- On the following page, you will be able to enter the Meeting ID which will need to be supplied by the meeting’s coordinator, or the teacher. Once the ID is entered, click “Join”. You will then be redirected.
- Once the meeting ID is entered you will be redirected to the following screen. If the page does not add you to the meeting, click on the “Back to Zoom” button at the top left of the new window.
- You will then be redirected to enter the meeting room password supplied to you by the meeting’s coordinator or teacher. Enter the password and then click “Join”.
- Afterward, you will enter the Waiting Room shown as follows. Here you will await admittance to the meeting by the meeting coordinator. Afterward, it will automatically redirect you into the meeting and the process is complete.